The Mugen Collective

Where Mugen, gaming, music, and insanity all gather as one.

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Membership numbers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Testp

PostSubject: Membership numbers   Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:01 pm

So we are curious, what other plans do you guys have to get active membership in the place?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Citric_Fortitude

PostSubject: Re: Membership numbers   Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:04 pm

As you can well see, none at the current moment.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Membership numbers   Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:11 pm

Testp wrote:
So we are curious, what other plans do you guys have to get active membership in the place?

Well, for the moment, most of the members here are made up from the old "The Hidden Elect" forums. At first, I reached out to all members from there and a couple of them have heeded the call, but not all.

My next job is to install Camtasia again and then go and make an advertisement for this site, with a montage of clips from Mugen in the backround (along with some clips from games and anime as well, seeing as how we are primarily a mugen forum, we also have interest in games, anime, music, etc. as well). This advertisement would then be posted on youtube and sent to anyone on the forum who has a youtube account, so they can show their friends and others as well, to spread the word.

My other idea is to go on some forums and advertise it there too, however, I am worried about some elitists there could possibly go nuts over it and then come on here to whine about the site. (however, thats what the trusty banhammer is for, since I mentioned that I would not tolerate that crap here if it got out of hand.)

All in the mean time, I will also need to update the database frequently, as a draw to get potential members as a "one stop place for mugen". Also with the help of other members who can contribute to the archive, and database managers who can help me contribute to the database, that goal can be achieved easily.

But yeah, that's the plan, more or less.

PostSubject: Re: Membership numbers   

Back to top Go down

Membership numbers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mugen Collective :: The Collective Lounge :: Suggestions-
Jump to: